Have you ever wondered how people make their Gmail signature look so professional?
They have a nice headshot or a logo along with relevant information like their title, website, and contact information plus some social media buttons.
Here is how you can have a professional Gmail signature too!
Open Microsoft Word (yes you heard me right)
- Open up a new blank document in Word.
- Click the Insert tab at the top
- Click on Table
- Choose 1 row and 2 columns Left will be your photo and the right will have all your information
- In the right-hand cell, type out all the information you want people to see in your Gmail signature. Example: Sam Eberle Mercury Multimedia 970.787.5657 www.mercurymultimedia.com
- Add your brand colors
- Click Table Design tab
- Next to Border Styles change the line thickness to 2 1/4 pt
- Click Border Painter on the far right
- Click on the vertical line separating your 2 cells on the table
- Then click-and-drag to select the whole table and copy it (Mac command+c, Windows ctrl+c)
- Head over to Gmail
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner
- Scroll down to the signature panel
- Paste your table (Mac command+v, Windows ctrl+v)
- Now you can add your images!
- Click in the left cell
- Click the Image icon (little grey box with mountains)
- Click Upload at the top
- Drag-and-drop your image or click the blue “Select a file from your device” button and find your image that way
- Click Select in the bottom left
Now you’ve got your very own professional signature!
You could also repeat steps 13-16 and add social icons to your signature.
I hope this was helpful to you. Leave a comment below if you have any feedback or great ideas to jazz up gmail signatures!